Things I Love #1
Sitting in bed amidst a mess of school papers, spirals, newspapers, books, sketchpads, pencils, charcoals, and electronic devices with nothing but natural sunlight illuminating my room, watching NCIS in a quiet apartment.
People Like You - I Am Sam
- Rita: But, Sam, you have to fight for her.
- Sam: Yeah, but I tried! I tried hard!
- Rita: Try harder!
- Sam: Yeah, but you don't know!
- Rita: I don't know what?
- Sam: You don't know what it's like when you try and you try and you try and you don't ever get there! Because you were born perfect, and I was born like this! And you're perfect!
- Rita: Is that right?
- Sam: People like you don't know.
- Rita: People like me?
- Sam: You don't know what it's like to get hurted, because you don't have feelings. People like you don't feel anything.
- Rita: You think you got the market cornered on human suffering? Let me tell you something about people like me. People like me feel lost and little and ugly and dispensable. People like me have husbands screwing someone else far more perfect than me. People like me have sons who hate them. And I've screamed horrible things to him, a seven-year-old, because he doesn't want to get in the car at the end of the day. And then he looks at me with such anger... and I hate him then. I know I'm failing you. I know I'm disappointing you. I know you deserve better, but get in the fucking car! Every morning, I wake up and I fail. And I look around, and everybody seems to be pulling it off, but somehow I can't... no matter how hard I try. Somehow...l'll never be enough.
- Sam: You're enough. Yeah, you're much more than enough.
Sleepless in Seattle
- Dr. Marcia Fieldstone: What are you going to do?
- Sam Baldwin: Well, I'm gonna get out of bed every morning... breath in and out all day long. Then, after a while I won't have to remind myself to get out of bed every morning and breath in and out... and, then after a while, I won't have to think about how I had it great and perfect for a while.